Cognitive Clinical Trials is looking to add a motivated self starter to our core Alzheimer's research team in Phoenix, Arizona!
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure each study patient is fully informed of the study at the time of the consent.
- Work out of one of our embedded senior living communities.
- Create source documents for study visits.
- Train staff who will be working on the study.
- Communicate closely with monitors, sponsors, and Investigators.
- Conduct procedures such as vital signs, blood draws, EKGs, and bladder scans, and assure they are seen by the physician at the required visits.
- Act as schedulers. For example, assure study subjects are scheduled with the doctor and any other procedures that might be required to complete that visit such as pap smears, endometrial biopsies, mammograms, bone scans, etc.
- Gather lab results or procedure reports, and assure the investigator reviews them in a timely manner.
- Collect information for investigators to review and assess whether or not a patient is eligible to enroll in a study or safe to continue if they are already enrolled in the study.
- Collect supplies from sponsors and ensure everything is accounted for such as lab kits, ancillary supplies, and investigational medication.
- Participate in web conferences and teleconferences for each study protocol in order to stay updated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA in Life Science or related discipline with nursing experience preferred. CCRC/CCRP certification preferred.
- Requires a minimum 3 yrs experience coordinating clinical research studies at a healthcare site (including Industry-sponsored research studies)
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail a must. Demonstrated ability in positive relationship building, with strong verbal and written skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and with clinical trial master filing systems.
- Ability to travel for Clinic activities, attend investigator meetings or vendor visits/audits, as required.